West African Community Council is hiring an Outreach Coordinator to help ensure that BIPOC and especially refugee and immigrant families get priority access to information pertaining to the COVID-19 vaccine, and other housing support opportunities. The Community Outreach Coordinator will work to locate vulnerable individuals who are at higher risk and offer support in connecting those individuals with resources and navigating a complex system of services. They will also foster an environment of social and community support that is culturally and linguistically responsive to the needs of limited English communities and play a key role in promoting the organization’s mission by being a liaison for the West African community, ensuring critical services and resources are available and accessible for those who need it most.
- Provide ongoing outreach with a particular focus on BIPOC communities, immigrants and refugees, and low-income individuals who are experiencing barriers to accessing information and resources.
- Meet program deadlines and reporting requirements including planning, tracking, and reporting scope of work and community impact to program stakeholders and West African Community Council’s Executive Leadership Team.
- Work with Executive Leadership Team to develop, review, implement and maintain policies and procedures directly related to program scheduling, and program grant requirements.
- Identify barriers that keep community members from being able to access resources and act as a liaison to connect people to resources.
- Assist in locating resources in multiple languages for communities whose primary language is not English.
- Make direct contact with community-based organizations, health care providers and other stakeholders on behalf of community members seeking assistance.
- Hold in-depth knowledge on internal and external resources, and assist individuals in navigating those resources.
- Utilize and promote safety principles that model risk reduction (i.e., wearing face covers or masks and other PPE, social distancing, and handwashing).
- Demonstrate independent judgment and decision-making skills by appropriately prioritizing tasks and responsibilities.
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, professionalism, and ethical conduct.
- ***Must treat confidential client information with absolute discretion, and follow all discretionary protocol.
Work Hours & Benefits
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Must be 18+ years old.
- Must be comfortable using basic technology (tablet, phone, email).
- Must be comfortable in a public setting.
- The ideal candidate would speak more than one language (French, Soninke, Fulani, Bambara or Wolof preferred).
If you are outgoing and want to make a positive impact in South Seattle by helping to get vaccines to those who need it most, please send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org!