West African Community Council is hiring an assistant preschool teacher to join our team of early learning specialists!
Please send a resume, letter of interest, and 3 referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promote and support the program’s approach to school readiness and family engagement
- Actively participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of a creative classroom program
- Deliver developmentally appropriate center-based services to preschoolers during operational hours.
- Assist in creating a safe learning Environment reflective of diverse backgrounds of the participating families. Making an inclusive and culturally environment
- Participate in the arrangement and organization of the physical environment of the classroom
- Complete developmental and behavioral screenings for each child within 45 days of enrollment
- Effectively serve children with disabilities and their families by meeting goals and objectives on the individualized education plan (IEP). Monitor children’s progress by completing developmental observations for each child and individualizing goals throughout the program year.
- Help complete and maintain current records while ensuring confidentiality is observed.
- Assist in ensuring parent involvement and/or awareness in program planning through regular open communications, monthly center meetings, parents’ newsletters, and parents conferences. This will require attending approximatively 2 or 3 mandatory evening events.
- Encourage parents as their child’s primary teacher and life-long advocate by implementing family engagement strategies in the classroom.
- Seek opportunities to take on primary responsibilities for specifics tasks assigned and supervised by the lead teacher. Assume overall responsibilities of the classroom in absence of the lead teacher.
- Show a commitment to professional development and engage in ongoing learning with meaningful activities leading growth.
- Program planning, design and implementation.
- Giving instruction in French and English
- Complete all required program reports accurately and in timeline manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Must be 18+ years old and have a valid driver’s license
- Fluency in English and French preferred
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in early education preferred, or similar experience
- High School diploma required
- Must be comfortable operating a 15 person van